Wednesday 14 January 2015

Evaluation


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
06
 Module Code 
OUGD601               


 Module Title
Context of Practice






END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME

Daisy Conway


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have developed my time management through this brief. As organising my time meant that starting on the first of October meant that I could produce one illustration a day and get it finished by the eighth of January. This gave me the ability to do the campaign myself and experience the emotions that the consumer would. It also meant that I was able to show examples of what would be produced for the rewards for the consumer who achieves the ‘100 day of…’ campaign. Doing one illustration a day gave me the chance to practice doing illustrations and I think they have progressed a lot since day one. I also think that I have improved my design board skills, as I find them difficult to do, as I always leave them till last. Where as in this module, I set myself some time to do them, and although I think that I could have done them a bit better, I think that I have applied my design board skills for this module more than I have with any other.



2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Through this module I have used both screen and digital printing. I have used a lot more screen-printing during this module, which is a skill I already had, but was able to experience more, and enhance. Screen-printing was a large part of my practical element, and meant that I was able to use acrylics such as glow in the dark ink, which I have never used before.




3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

The strengths in my work are my time management with my essay, as I managed to keep on top of it and get it done in plenty of time, so that I could go and get it bound with lots of time to spare. This is a huge achievement for me as the essay part of Context of Practice is one of my weaknesses. Although I am happy with it for this module. I also think that screen printing is a strength of mine, and is something that I have improved on through this module.










4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

The weaknesses in my work are my essay and the theory side to this module, it is something I have always struggled with, although I feel like I have progressed a lot in this module, as there is a lot of research that has been done in preparation for writing. I also think that I could have improved my photography skills, as I don’t go to use the photography studio, as I am not confident in there. Although it is something that I want to learn how to do, as the image on my design board are not to the best standard.



5. Identify things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

I will make sure that I blog as I go, as although I have blogged my monsters on the day that I did them, I haven’t kept up to as much as I should have done.

If I were screen-printing I would make sure that I used a bed that isn’t broken, so that the screen doesn’t fall out every now and again.

Next time I would start writing my dissertation a bit earlier, as I would have more time to manage my problems in it.

Making quicker decisions, as it will make my design process quicker. And be slightly more thorough.



6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




x
Punctuality




x
Motivation



x

Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced



x

Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group




x
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment